The Rules of the Lottery are as follows:
1. The “200 Club” will be operated as a Private Society Lottery under the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005. The promoter will be the Parish Priest of the St Thomas of Canterbury Parish in Fulham.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the rules of the “200 Club” from time to time, as may be necessary. A copy of the current rules will be available from the Presbytery and on our website https://stocf.wordpress.com
3. All profits made by the “200 Club” will be used to support Parish activities.
4. The Lottery will be limited to 200 members over the age of 16 years.
5. Participants may apply to join the 200 club by completing the prescribed Application Form. The subscription will be £5 per month, payable by standing order by the 15th of the month or annually in a single payment of £60 (£50 for the first year being only 10 months), to be made before the 28th February each year. On receipt of a single annual payment or a standing order form the applicant will be allocated a Draw Number. For each additional £5 paid per month an additional Draw Number will be allocated.
6. A draw will take place every month for cash prizes. Winners of prizes will be notified by post, and the results of the draws will be published in the Parish newsletter.
7. 50% of the total annual subscriptions will be paid out in the form of cash prizes; for this purpose, the Club “year” will run from 1st January to 31st December, except 2010 which will run for 10 months.
8. The draws will be conducted by 3 people, including at least one of the priests of the Parish.
9. No “200 Club” participant will be included in the draw if the appropriate subscription has not been received by the 15th day of the month in which the draw is taking place. The Promoter reserves the right to reallocate any number where payment has not been received on time.
10. Prizes will be paid by cheque, which will be sent through the post and only to the person holding the winning number.
11. In the event of there being less those 200 participants, prizes shall be awarded on a pro rata basis of the actual number of members at the time of the draw. In order to ensure an equitable distribution of prize money in the event of there being less than 200 members paying throughout the year, 6.25% of the subscriptions received each month will be set aside to fund the December bonus prize.
12. Participants should notify the Promoter (Fr Paul) in writing of any change of address.
13. Participants can cancel their entry in the Lottery at any time by giving one month’s written notice to the Promoter (and if paying by Standing Order, they should also advise their bank). Any decision by the Promoter to wind up the Club will also be by one month’s written notice. Under no circumstances can any payments be refunded.
14. The rights conferred by membership, including the right to participate in the monthly draw, may not be transferred.
Parish Priest, St Thomas of Canterbury,
60 Rylston Road, Fulham, London SW6 7HW
tel: 0207 385 4040 fax: 020 7610 2506