ARCHCONFRATERNITY OF SAINT STEPHEN
ALTARS SERVERS GUILD
The Guild of St Stephen is an International Organisation of Altar Servers founded in England in 1904 by Father Hamilton McDonald when he formed a Society of Altar Servers at the Convent of the Sacred Heart in London. In 1905, Pope Pius X gave his approbation to the Canonical establishment of the Guild at Westminster Cathedral and in 1906, the Sacred Congregation of Rites made the Guild an Archconfraternity prima primaria enabling all the parish branches to be linked with it. The Guild spread, and in 1934, Pope Pius XI enabled all Guilds of Altar Servers throughout the British Commonwealth to be affiliated with the Archconfraternity at Westminster.
SERVERS AT ST THOMAS OF CANTERBURY
All altar servers in this parish must have made there First Holy Communion before they can become a server. To obtain a medal from the Guild of Saint Stephen, altar servers must learn how to serve and conduct themselves in Mass. This is done by attending training which is lead by the MC. (Wayne O’Reilly). Servers serve on:
Saturday: 5.30 pm
Sunday: 9.00am, 10.30am and 12.00pm Mass and as requested by the M.C
FOR ANY MORE INFORMATION PLEASE FREE TO CONTACT THE M.C
SAINT STEPHEN, SAINT THOMAS MORE PRAY FOR US.